Only from Solaris 10 OS and newer, although Branded Zones can be configured for Solaris 8 & 9
Support OS and Hypervisor virtualisation. See Oracle-OVM for further info.
Both Oracle and Fujitsu supply,support and develop their own versions of SPARC.
Latest CPU is SPARC M8
- Software on Chip (SoC)
- Oracle Database BCD compilation on CPU chip, Hardware Accelaration = quicker database performance
- No licence costs for virtualisation
- Supports Oracle Hard Partitioning for Oracle database licensing in virtualised environments.
When you purchase a SPARC server, Hardware and Software support is included.
- Hardware & HW Support
- OS & OS support
- Virtualisation/Hypervisor & support
- Solaris Studio Compilers (C/C++ & Fortran) & Support
- Antivirus is not required on SPARC